ok, I finally finished it. (thank god I have this one off my back ;) ) I can’t claim it’s 100% error free (I’m too busy at the moment to have a clear head / the time to recheck it several times, to be absolutely sure ;) in case you find something, please drop me note)
I didn’t upload an additional bigsized JPEG this time, so here is the vector PDF:
just a note on the side: the blog will be updated every thursday night, from now on.
ok, ok… he isn’t really 100%, but close… (some distinct details are still missing, so let’s say he is at 80%…. mhhh…well that doesn’t sound close at all ;) ), but it’ll have to do for now. Babette modeled the base character and walnut, I’ve modeled his “tools” and textured / shaded him.
here is a 360 lights test, the last step and final check of the shading process….
sorry, I’m running late with this weeks update…. my workload maxed out over the last weeks, so I had a hard time committing any time to mold. Writing this post almost feels like a luxury… even if it’s kinda work, too ;)
so what happened, whats the status?
- I have worked on the main character over the last month and finished all accessories (“all” = three ;) ), and about 90% of the main body.. this process was screen captured almost all the way through, which brings me to…
- … the editing of 3 short makingOf videos (of about 8? not totally sure yet..), which unfortunately caused a lot of collateral work (experimenting with capture codecs, designing/creating the intro and outro, finding fitting music, .. uhh …. lots of editing, and the usual nightmarish compression action.) – but i think they came out real nicely, so I’ll cross my fingers that at least someone’s gonna like them (i’ll prepare my fan, in case a shitstorm raises ;) ) I’ll post these monthly(maybe biweekly at best), one at the time, to give me a (slight) chance to keep up…
- Babette finished the modeling and rigging of the ant, the next step will be UVs and shaders.
- the size/length analysis of Monkey Island 1 is finished aswell, it just needs a final check or two before i am willing to post it.
- and last but not least the story got a little bit of love, and I’m still somewhat stuck (design wise) on scene_01… other scenes progress nicely (slow though).
sooooo and whats next?
- mhhh i’ll have to throw an eye on social networks :/ I’ve managed to avoid it completly until now (i’m not the social type anyway :D ), but i’ll give it a shot when there is some downtime.
- I need to finish up the main character including ant, and create a nice teaser image.. and consequently finish recording / editing the first badge of makingOfs….
- ..at the same time, start the 3D production of an approved background, and head towards a playable proof of concept.
- lock down the story, and develope the game as rough prototype… (and that’s “in the far future”)
.. still a very long way to go….
that’s all folks!
design studies of various “roots”
a new (and the final) version of the aubergine… the fly was more of a fun doodle, but in case we need a fitting design, it’s there. ;)…… mhhh… but when i think about it, the two could make a great team :)
new versions of the goons… a paradise for projected steak / meat textures :)